Français Vivant
Français Vivant
Français Vivant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Un lieu pour avoir de l'information sur ce qui se passe dans notre classe, pour communiquer avec l'enseignant et pour améliorer son français.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

September 2012

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

September 2012 Empty
PostSubject: September 2012   September 2012 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Dear parents/guardians.

I would like to take a moment from your busy schedule to introduce myself and welcome you and your children to grade 6. To begin, I am thrilled to meet your young ones and have the chance to help them acquire new knowledge and experiences as well as reinforce old information that might have gotten lost over the summer vacation. Some of my objectives for the year are to encourage learners become more intrigued with the world, build strong self-esteem and desire to succeed, further develop a passion for books and writing as well as aiding learners become more self-reliant.

As a parent myself, I understand the need for routines and rules. In the classroom, I ask that students communicate in French at all time, to respect each other and their environment. Learners will be permitted to have water on their desks, but no food is to be consumed during class time unless a medical condition comes into play. It is important to note that we have some learners with allergies in the classroom and I ask that you not include nuts, peanuts, eggs and legumes (lentils) in your child’s lunch. Thank you very much for your understanding and your help with keeping the classroom a safe environment for all the learners.

A brief note regarding homework. I tend to give a little homework during the week which is usually a simple follow up on, or completion of what has been done during class. The homework is usually due for next class unless indicated otherwise. When projects arise you will be notified immediately. Rest assured that if a major project is being done and some work needs to be done at home I will not add to the burden. All homework will be indicated in their agendas and when students have no homework they will write.

Finally, parent and teacher communication is very important to me. If you need to communicate with me, please send a note via the agenda or email and I will respond as soon as possible. If you would like to start a regular homework routine in September, I encourage daily reading in French. Practicing reading daily is the best way to improve fluency, comprehension and vocabulary acquisition and this is in my opinion, one of the most important things to be working on at home.

Again, if you have questions or simply wish to say hello, feel free to contact me via email at [email=yannick.o’neill@ocdsb.ca] or through your child’s agenda.

Looking forward to meeting you at the Meet the Teacher event!

Yannick O’Neill
Back to top Go down
https://ysoroch.canadian-forum.com

September 2012
Page 1 of 1